Well, 2017 has been a bit of a crazy ride for a lot of us hasn’t it? I feel like so much has happened in the past 365 days – from making new friends, to improving my photography, to helping host a few amazing events for Blogosphere. I think 2017 was the year I really got into my own stride, and as the year was coming to an end I really did feel like everything had fallen into place.
So I wanted to write a post for New Year’s Eve, to talk about the lessons I’ve learnt this year and the things I hope to achieve next year. I love reading other people’s reflective posts, and their hopes for a new year, so I thought I might as well share some of mine!
- I need to be social – Nothing makes me happier than spending some quality time with good friends. I’ve met so many new people in 2017 and lots of them have become good friends that I’ve loved experiencing things with. From rooftop gigs to pool parties, this has been a year of socialising for me and I’ve absolutely loved it.
- …and I need to be anti-social – The flip side to that is that I’ve learnt that there really is a limit to evenings and weekends of fun I can enjoy. I need down time, and I need to give myself time to just chill out in order to enjoy the time I do spend being social.
- My blog can be bigger and better – I started 2017 very much thinking of my blog as a hobby, but as the year is ending my perspective is changing and I’m slowly coming round to the idea that my blog could be something more. I can create kick ass content, and I can do brilliant sponsored content to supplement my salary.
- I don’t have to do anything – I’m bored of feeling like I have to do things, and I’ve learnt cancelling when I’, not feeling 100% is a much better idea, or I pay for it later. Knowing you can say no, and actually saying no to things is such a relief and it’s definitely something I will continue into 2018.
- Tidying is therapeutic – When I’m feeling restless I have to tidy my room, my wardrobe or my makeup collection. I truly find it helps to calm my mind, which is really useful when I need to get some of my nervous energy out.
I’m not going to lie, I’m excited for a new year to begin! I feel really positive about 2018, and I can’t wait to see what adventures are in store for me. I have three things I want to focus on in the new year, and I’m hoping I will be able to achieve them.
Things to achieve
- Make regular income from my blog – This is something I started to do in December 2017, and completing a couple of sponsored posts in the last year of the month has made me determined to make it more of a regular thing in 2018. So stay tuned for even more amazing content over here!
- Enjoy things more – I have an annoying habit of overthinking things, so in 2018 I really want to try to leave that behind, or at least minimise it so I can enjoy all of the amazing things I get to do.
- Visit new places – I did a little bit of travelling in 2017, but I want to do so much more in 2018. Weekend breaks, new locations, I want to put more effort into travelling and finding unique, new places to see and explore.